Thursday, April 2, 2009

Just Justin


Justin Timberlake (born Justin Randall Timberlake, January 31, 1981; Memphis, Tennessee) is my all time favorite pop star. He won my heart when he was one of the members of the boy band, 'N Sync. Timberlake and four others joined together to form 'N Sync in 1998, and became an instant hit, releasing three albums in a row, all of which sold millions of copies. In 2002, Timberlake released his first solo album, titled, 'Justified'. He co-wrote all the songs on the album, which took two Grammy awards: one for Best Pop Vocal Album and one for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance for the single "Cry Me a River". His 'FutureSex/LoveSounds' was released in 2006, and included two US No. 1 hit singles, "SexyBack" and "My Love".

Even as a kid, Justin had tasted the flavor of show business as one of the Mouseketeers in the 1990's version of Walt Disney's 'Mickey Mouse Club'. As an adult, aside from his singing, he has appeared in several movies, including 'Edison', 'Southland Tales', 'Alpha Dog', 'Black Snake Moan', 'Shrek the Third' (voice of Artie), 'The Love Guru' and 'The Open Road'.


Justin trivia:

*After breaking up with his girlfriend Britney Spears in 2002, Justin was named the most eligible bachelor in America.

*Justin is a self-confessed fan of Björk, the Icelandic singer.

*He loves skiing and snowboarding.

*Dated three gorgeous actresses Cameron Diaz, Scarlett Johansson and Jessica Biel, not at the same time though, one after the other!

*Justin has written the hit song "Rehab" for Rihanna, and has also sung it alongwith her.

*Justin had to face a lot of unnecessary flak after the Superbowl 38and it's halftime show, when his co-performer Janet Jackson had a wardrobe malfunction. In fact, Janet & Justin were putting on a really great show, then Janet had the unintended exposure after which the things were just blown out of proportion by the media.

*Justin Timberlake is the executive producer of a new reality TV game show called 'The Phone'. Each episode will begin with two strategically placed cell phones ringing at opposite ends of a major metropolitan city. Once answered, a mysterious guide gives contestants five seconds to decide if they want to play the game. If they accept, the competition begins, throwing the two contestants into an intense race, where they must communicate via cell phone to succeed.

*Justin has put in a guest appearance in the video of the band named The Lonely Island, a single called "Jizz in my Pants", alongwith Molly Sims & Jamie Lynn Sigler.

*Justin had recorded the hit duet "4 Minutes" a Timbaland-produced track with Madonna, where the words go: "The road to hell is paved with good intentions, yeah (sung by Madonna)/ If I die tonight at least I can say I did what I wanted to do, tell me how about you? (sung by Timberlake)"; it made the grape-vines crazy!;-)

Favorite Justin quotes:
"I think music will always be a big part of my life. I can't go five minutes without singing, sometimes unconsciously. And people stare at me, and I'm wondering why they're staring, and then I'm realizing that I'm belting out a tune."
~
"True love, to me, is when she's the first thought that goes through your head when you wake up and the last thought that goes through your head before you go to sleep."
~
"I'm a perfectionist. I can't help it, I get really upset with myself if I fail in the least."

No comments: